Job vacancy for CFD Engineer (Closed)
NOTE: THE JOB VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
Introfoc is a fast paced company, born as a spin-off of CyRIC (Cyprus Research and Innovation Center), which is one of the leading R&D companies in Cyprus. Introfoc’s sole purpose is the development of breakthrough wind technologies for the generation of green energy in urban environments.
The team is composed by senior technology and business experts that have long experience in business development within the energy sector, and a proven portfolio of renewable related projects.
Introfoc is a pre-revenue company with one deep-tech product in its pipeline called WindiBox, an innovative, patent pending, vertical axis wind turbine capable of generating clean wind energy in urban environments. Its development started in 2016 and is now in the final optimization stage.
Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer
Introfoc is looking for an experienced and dedicated CFD Engineer to join its highly competent team supporting aerodynamics, fluid dynamics, wind turbine design and wind tunnel operations. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced work environment together with a team of professionals on the design, analysis and development of WindiBox, an innovative urban environment, small-scale wind turbine. We offer the chance to work on an exciting project using the latest and best development tools.
The candidate is expected to combine industry experience, engineering ability, technical and analytical skills, computer skills (CAE and simulation industrial software), interpersonal skills, and presentation skills to communicate ideas and knowledge about advanced designs and relevant technologies.
Duties will include applying modelling and simulation methodologies for complex problems that involve fluid-structure-interaction on an innovative urban environment, small-scale wind turbine, assessing and evaluating data from experimental (wind tunnel) and real-life tests, preparation of contract deliverables (technical and progress reports, final reports, briefings, etc.), collaborating with other engineering and academia teams for the purposes of project completion, participating in technical internal and external meetings. The work location will in Nicosia, Cyprus. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Required Educational Qualifications:
BSc/BEng and/or MSc/MEng Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or closely related Engineering or Science fields with specialisation in wind turbine advanced CFD applications and wind turbine design and development.
Additional Educational Qualifications:
Relevant PhD with specialisation in wind turbine advanced CFD applications and wind turbine design and development will be considered an advantage.
Minimum Experience Required:
Minimum 7 years of dedicated experience in wind turbine advanced CFD applications and wind turbine design and development projects. The candidate must provide proven experience and competencies within the referred sectors of interest.
Experience in experimental facilities for wind turbine design and development will be considered an advantage.
English (Fluent verbal and written communication)
Required academic and technical expertise:
• CFD modeling focused on wind turbine design, large and detached eddy simulations and wake interaction effects of external flows and turbulent boundary layers
• Utilization of CFD numerical tools to simulate relevant low and high Reynolds numbers, incompressible flow fields for aerodynamic and fluid dynamic applications as well as internal flows with complex geometries
• Optimization of computational grid using advanced mesh techniques on complex geometries
• Demonstrated technical competence with two and three-dimensional computational fluid dynamics solvers
• Demonstrated understanding of the fundamental physics and principles of fluid dynamics, aerodynamics and wind turbine design aspects
• Consistent records of using commercial simulation codes (ANSYS Fluent, CFX) to model and simulate complex engineering problems
• Consistent record in conducting research and producing viable solutions for engineering problems based on simulations
Desired personal and soft skills:
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
• Can-do attitude and Problem-solver
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
Expertise in any of the following fields would be considered an advantage:
• Multiphase computational fluid dynamics analysis
• Background with applied aerodynamics, internal flows, heat transfer, or fluid structure interactions
• Experience with technical document and report writing
• Participation in EU or local funded projects and/or proposal writing
• Experience with fluid structure interaction modeling, particle transport, or even other non-CFD numerical modeling
Compensation and benefits
• Competitive salary depending on experience
• 13th salary
Tel: +357 22 282828
Hiring Company: Introfoc Ltd
Email: email@example.com (CV and cover letter)
NOTE: THE JOB VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED